Motivating and Retaining Employees in Unionized Environments
We help leaders and companies create the right environment so unionized employees can be the best that they can be. Bruce Mayhew is a Toronto based executive coach and corporate trainer who offers leadership and human skills training in Canada and the USA.
Motivating and retaining unionized employees depends on accomplishing a few key management skills including trusted, open and honest communication. Let us help you unlock your potential... enhance your understanding of what opportunities are available to you that can help you - and your team succeed.
Great leaders help people feel safe and motivated in today's fast-paced and ever changing environment. Great leaders create an environment where employees are inspired; where they feel they can share creative ideas without being judged. Great leaders create a leadership culture where teams depend on and trust each other.... where employees understand the mission, vision, values and goals so they can make decisions that are right for the company and each other.
Do you want to increase employee loyalty and productivity? Studies show that when employees feel they have:
- A poor leader... as many as 95% say they areconsidering quitting and employee engagement is low.
- A great leader... as many as 99% say they arenotthinking about quitting and employee engagement is high.
Leadership Training Impact
Great leaders master many effective leadership skills. Within our leadership training we explore how great leaders create a strong leadership culture as they:
- Find ways to help employees feel engaged and valued
- Learn the high value and low cost of Intrinsic rewards (competence, autonomy, relevance)
- Learn how to support your human skills and develop those skills in others
- Explore the high cost and low value of traditional Extrinsic rewards (salaries, benefits, bonuses)
- Find ways to make the most of coaching (and being coached)
- Build, empower and support collaborative teams
- Share a ‘Vision’ and logical goals so employees know where they are headed and WHY
- Give employees the flexibility to use their experience; knowledge and education to act make decisions
The better the leader – the higher the employee engagement.
Our Approach To Your Success
Effective leadership increases employee loyalty, engagement and productivity. Our leadership training explore over 20 leadership styles / leadership traits and help participants recognize their strengths. 8 of the main strengths we explore are:
- Business & Technical knowledge– understand the technology and/or how the business makes money. This does not have to be detailed knowledge.
- Trust & Honesty– collaborating and being a good team member and building trusting relationships.
- Vision & Values– helping employees see the future direction and sharing goals. This supports collaboration.
- Rewards That Matter Most– Intrinsic rewards vs. Extrinsic rewards
- Innovation & Education – the best leaders create an environment where people and the organization are encouraged to continuously learn / improve.
- A Focus on Results– do what is necessary (a fair, respectful push), to make sure the goals are reached
- Inspiration & Motivation (a pull) – gets people excited and passionate to want to deliver.
- Care & Compassion- Knowing what is important to your employees - what their goals are
The best leaders usually have above average competency in one or even two of the above mentioned attributes. Imagine the engagement impact if they could strengthen just one more leadership skill.
Learn More About Our Leadership Training
Toronto corporate trainer and executive coach Bruce Mayhew Consulting is in the people business… it just so happens that training and/or executive coaching is involved. Let us help you improve your productivity and employee engagement.
We tailor corporate training to meet the challenges and stresses of busy professionals. To learn more about how leadership training can to improve your skills call us at 416.617.0462.
Related Workshops That Drive Business Success
Toronto based corporate trainer and executive coach Bruce Mayhew Consulting offers leadership training and professional development in Toronto, New York and throughout Canada and the USA.
Who Should Attend?
All business professionals who want to be more confident and effective when they write to their clients and coworkers.
Toronto based Bruce Mayhew Consulting business training supports your entire team.
Related Soft Skills Training Workshops That Drive Business Success
- Employee Interview Training
- Generational Differences
- Managing Difficult Conversations
- Time Management Training
Toronto corporate trainer Bruce Mayhew Consulting offers Generational Differences training and many other business etiquette courses & soft skills training solutions. We create customized professional development courses at our Canadian management central office in Toronto.
If you would like to learn more about how you and your organization can benefit from our soft skills training or other communication skills courses call us at 416.617.0462.
Motivating and Retaining Unionized Employees
Trainer, Coach, Writer & Conference Speaker.
Let us help you with your email etiquette training. Call or email us.