Leadership Training: Skills and Experience
An inspirational leader creates a leadership culture that shares a passionate vision and builds trusting relationships.
We help leaders and companies create the right environment so that their employees can be the best that they can be. Bruce Mayhew is a Toronto based executive coach and corporate trainer who offers leadership and human skills training in Canada and the USA.
Leadership skills training is an investment that always pays off. Let us help you unlock your potential... enhance your leadership capabilities and help you succeed... let us help you work smarter not harder.
Great leaders help people feel safe and motivated in today's fast-paced and ever changing environment. Great leaders create an environment where employees are inspired; where they feel they can share creative ideas without being judged. Great leaders create a leadership culture where teams depend on and trust each other.... where employees understand the mission, vision, values and goals so they can make decisions that are right for the company and each other.
Do you want to increase employee loyalty and productivity? Studies show that when employees feel they have:
- A poor leader... as many as 95% say they are considering quitting and employee engagement is low.
- A great leader... as many as 99% say they are not thinking about quitting and employee engagement is high.
Leadership Training Impact
Great leaders master many effective leadership skills. Within our leadership training we explore how great leaders create a strong leadership culture as they:
- Find ways to help employees feel engaged and valued
- Learn the high value and low cost of Intrinsic rewards (competence, autonomy, relevance)
- Learn how to support your human skills and develop those skills in others
- Explore the high cost and low value of traditional Extrinsic rewards (salaries, benefits, bonuses)
- Find ways to make the most of coaching (and being coached)
- Build, empower and support collaborative teams
- Share a ‘Vision’ and logical goals so employees know where they are headed and WHY
- Give employees the flexibility to use their experience; knowledge and education to act make decisions
The better the leader – the higher the employee engagement.
Our Approach To Your Success
Effective leadership increases employee loyalty, engagement and productivity. Our leadership training explore over 20 leadership styles / leadership traits and help participants recognize their strengths. 8 of the main strengths we explore are:
- Business & Technical knowledge – understand the technology and/or how the business makes money. This does not have to be detailed knowledge.
- Trust & Honesty – collaborating and being a good team member and building trusting relationships.
- Vision & Values – helping employees see the future direction and sharing goals. This supports collaboration.
- Rewards That Matter Most – Intrinsic rewards vs. Extrinsic rewards
- Innovation & Education – the best leaders create an environment where people and the organization are encouraged to continuously learn / improve.
- A Focus on Results – do what is necessary (a fair, respectful push), to make sure the goals are reached
- Inspiration & Motivation (a pull) – gets people excited and passionate to want to deliver.
- Care & Compassion - Knowing what is important to your employees - what their goals are
The best leaders usually have above average competency in one or even two of the above mentioned attributes. Imagine the engagement impact if they could strengthen just one more leadership skill.
Learn More About Our Leadership Training
Toronto corporate trainer and executive coach Bruce Mayhew Consulting is in the people business… it just so happens that training and/or executive coaching is involved. Let us help you improve your productivity and employee engagement.
We tailor corporate training to meet the challenges and stresses of busy professionals. To learn more about how leadership training can to improve your skills call us at 416.617.0462.
Related Workshops That Drive Business Success
Toronto based corporate trainer and executive coach Bruce Mayhew Consulting offers leadership training and professional development in Toronto, New York and throughout Canada and the USA.
Contact Us About The Leadership Culture You Nourish And Sustain.
Get in touch with us for a free consultation and to discuss Leadership
We Offer Customized Leadership Training
Group and One-on-One Training
Keynote / Conference Speaking
Leadership Training Tips
Leadership Training Tip #1
Effective leadership requires our leaders explore and promote responsible change – within their client base, products & services and within their valued employees. Why? Because if you don't change you fall behind. Half the companies in the S&P500 today are different from the companies that were on it in 1999 (Source Sam Ro).
Leadership Training Tip #2
To increase employee loyalty, leaders support their employee’s carriers – not their employee’s jobs. A career satisfies a persons long-term needs and personal / professional growth. A job only satisfies immediate needs. Ask employees what their career goals are and explore how to meet those goals together (shared responsibility); there are many non-monetary rewards a valued employee may be interested in which will increase employee loyalty.
Leadership Training Tip #3
Be mindful to treat each moment with empathy and compassion… for yourself and others upon your pursuit of clear, definable and shared organizational goals. Leaders build trust by inspiring, motivating and trusting valued employees.
Thank you for visiting.